Thursday, June 28, 2012

"Do you cook, clean, shower? Perhaps if you know a mother with a newborn , you could go round and do a load of washing for her, take a meal to her, hold her baby while she has a shower. Because she needs to cook, clean and shower too. In days of consumerism, it is easy to get a job and buy a thing for her. Try doing something that helps her and her baby in a meaningful and nourishing way instead? Be helpful and connect. Its all about Loving Kindness..."From Messyfish( http://messyfish.blogspot.hk/2011/07/slow-down-and-take-your-time.html ), a blog I found randomly tonight.

Yes...It's way easier to get a pregnant woman some baby clothes,toys or anything.Maybe it's too easy so people forget what a pregnant woman really needs.I don't need people to visit me alot and see how it's going,in fact it's kind of tiring sometimes.I'm pregnant,not a party star.I understand some of my friends are still young and none of their friends have baby or they are trying to be nice and want to see me sometimes.But think about it...do you wanna see me because you wanna be helpful?or feels like going to a zoo watching some monkeys?I'm not saying people should do things for pregnant woman...but please just try not to be annoying.Yes!I'm drinking cold drinks and eating spicy food,so?

Being pregnant...I learn alot!I see more and I know more.I know more about the people around me,some of my "friends",how the society thinks about young girl being pregnant,how do they think about a young girl being pregnant with a non-chinese,how people think about giving seat to someone who needs it.Honestly...I feel bad to be part of Hong Kong now...I'm ashamed to be one and it's worse than I've ever thought.Luckily I live on Lamma or I would have gone crazy just because how people look at me and my tummy in the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment